So. . . here are five (OK, seven) things I'm thankful for this week:
- Good dental care, and gentle treatment options when our teeth need fixing. (See Monday's post.)
- An air-conditioned house. After an extremely pleasant summer, the dog days have hit these parts and it's hot, hot, hot!
- Finding a great used drum set on Craig's List for my son (and not getting abducted by the Craig's List killer). My son already plays in the school band, but with a drum set (and practice), he can be in the youth band at church. All I need is a good set of earplugs!
- That school is starting soon. Many of you moms may disagree, but I think 12 weeks of summer is too long. My kids are bored and on each other's nerves. . . and mine.
- For a husband that patiently listens to me rant, complain and carry on for who knows how long. (See #4).
- That God's mercies are new every morning. I need a refilling today, for sure. (See # 4 & 5)
- That my parents, who were BOTH unexpectedly laid off in the spring, have discovered a whole new life as retired people. Traveling in their RV, they have barely been home an entire week this summer. I have never seen them more relaxed or having so much fun.
Thought you all would enjoy this cartoon, done by a local artist. It's just too good not to share. :-)
Note from the artist: Please forward my cartoons to anyone that you think needs a laugh on a Monday. Just let them know they too can sign up for a FREE cartoon each week by going to http://achillesportfolio.com/freecartoonsignup.htm
Funny Greeting Cards, Illustrations, Caricatures | www.achillesportfolio.com