This Thursday is minutes from turning into a pumpkin, but I thought I’d try to get my first Thankful Thursday in under the wire. I don't pause enough to thank God for all things, big and little, that He’s blessed me. This might need to become a regular.
I have a lot to be thankful for this week, but here are my top five:
- Watching the birds that flit outside my windows. All day I’m entertained by black-capped chickadees (that made a home in the birdhouse outside my office window), little wrens that sing and sing and sing, blue jays, cardinals and yellow finches. From tweets and peeps to full blown arias, this colorful bunch provides a joyous soundtrack that delights my soul.
- All the Sisters of Grace in my Wednesday night Bible study. Some have been in the group for several years and others for several months, but each woman brings her unique and beautiful heart to our group. I love you girls!
- Being able to help my friend plant shrubs in her landscaping. I know this sounds like a chore, but I love greenery and it was a joy to spend this afternoon digging in the dirt, chatting easily with my friend and sharing what I know to help her yard look prettier.
- Watching my daughter sing and play the violin in her Spring concerts. I am so thankful she is musically talented (not sure where she got it from, though) and that our school district has a tremendous music program, led by caring, talented teachers. Each concerts get better and better. And they never fail to choke me up.
- Knowing that customer service still exists. This week, as documented in my last post, I had the pleasure of talking with a very helpful rep at Comcast. Surprisingly, a Comcast customer service manager read the blog and extended even more help if the problem continues (which, sadly it is). With increasingly-automated phone support it often seems customer service went the way of they typewriter. It’s refreshing and reassuring to learn that helpful and caring human beings actually do exist beyond automated phone systems. It’s Comcastic!
I also learned that you never know who will read your blog!
What are you thankful for today?
For more Thankful Thursday thoughts, click on the box below.